Grant Application Process
Instructions for the 2014 grant application process are as follows:
- If your agency received a grant in 2013, a 2014 grant application will be automatically
electronically transmitted in early January, 2013 (unless otherwise notified).
- If your agency received a transition grant in 2013 (or earlier), the agency’s program is most
likely ineligible for future funding consideration.
- The WGN Radio Neediest Kids Fund Letter of Inquiry process is currently closed. The LOI process
will reopen in April 2014.
General Application Requirements
Eligible organizations/programs will:
- have 501(c)3 federal tax-exempt status
- demonstrate one full year of program services and outcomes
- demonstrate a strong financial position
- serve residents of the Chicago and collar county area
- report strong measurable outcomes and meet grantmaking criteria in one funding area
Ineligible funding requests:
- Capital campaigns or endowments or other reserve funds
- Public or private schools
- Government agencies
- Programs that do not fit funding guidelines or grantmaking strategies